Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Third Superman

I've been delaying publishing this post because I wanted a few more pictures, but I'll just give you what I have. First of all, after my dad came up to help on the floors, we had another incredible offer (which we immediately accepted) of Tony's younger brother, Micah, also coming up for a week to help on the house. So you'll eventually see a picture of him in here. I think of him as The Energizer of the group - he was a great motivater for all of us.
While Micah was here, the men worked upstairs drywalling, mudding, etc. and of course putting a second bathroom in. Here is one of the upstairs bedrooms
during the drywalling stage.


Here is the second bathroom being put in.




Micah in the other upstairs bedroom.


Another project I'd been working on for a while was the downstairs bathroom. When we moved it, the lower four feet of the walls were covering in ugly green fake tiles. It took me months to chip off all the tiles and glue, then Tony had to repair the walls with gallons of drywall mud. The square patch you see above the toilet is where the bathroom used to have a window. Yeah, we took that out, saying as the view was just of the inside of the family room.





Sorry I don't have more for now. I have one more work day to write about next post, then eventually we'll do an entry with before and after pictures. It'll blow your mind! Enjoy these few pics. for now. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment